This stately Gothic Revival mansion was built in 1854 by The Purples. House is constructed with local brick and had a distinct gothic arch design built under the roof line. From the entry hall a handsome curved staircase goes to the second floor where there were 5 bedrooms. There are 2 parlors in the center of the house both have white imported marble fireplaces. Ceilings were over 11' high, woodwork shows fine workmanship. This magnificent house has a newer porch that runs the length of the house. The flat roof was redone about a year ago. This is a MUST SEE HOME.